Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase an item through one of these links, I might receive a small commission. This would be at no extra cost to you.
This is the Best baked carrots recipe ever!
This is my favorite recipe for baked carrots. The Tahini glaze is sweet but savory and oh so delicious. This recipe is, of course, vegan and everyone will love it. Well, unless you have a super picky eater who hates carrots, like my child. Then this recipe might not be for them. These carrots make a delicious side for when I make my Baked Tofu.
I love Tahini so much and I am always trying to find new ways to use it and add to it. The glaze alone is so good. There are so many things you can use it for. Like as a dip for vegetables, a spread or put in on another vegetable you like and bake.
This recipe is really easy to follow. You pretty much just mix everything for the glaze together, cover the carrots with the glaze (below) and bake on a greased baking pan or baking mat. See easy. I try to make all the recipes I share easy. I mean we don’t really want to be in the kitchen for hours when we can be doing other important things. Right?
Don’t be afraid of changing up the recipe a little. My feeling won’t be hurt, I promise. If you like it to be sweeter add more maple syrup. If you want it more savory add a little more tahini and cumin. I don’t like foods very sweet unless it is a dessert so this is just my preference. Give it a try and let me know how you like it or any changes you may have done.
Baked Carrots with Tahini Glaze
- 1 Bunch Carrots About 6 carrots
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400* and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and clean carrots, trim the tops, and slice in half.
- In a small bowl add Tahini, coconut oil, maple syrup, cumin, cinnamon and mix together
- Coat Carrots with mixture. I spoon it over the carrots and spread it so it covers it all.
- Lay carrots in a single layer on pan and bake for 30 minutes flipping them at 15 minutes.
- Serve Immediately