Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase an item through one of these links, I might receive a small commission. This would be at no extra cost to you.
My friend Heather has been asking me to share this recipe for a few weeks now and I promised her I would. I ended up getting sick so it’s taken me a little longer than I had hoped. I was trying to get this post out right after I shared my Mushroom Rice recipe since they are pictured together. I am all better now and my brain can write again so here it is, this is for you Heather. My easy and absolutely delicious tofu.
If you aren’t a fan of tofu I understand I have had some pretty bad tasting tofu. Sadly, I am the one who made the horrible tasting tofu. It’s learning experience that’s for sure. I have tried many ways and failed many times so you guys don’t have to.
To make delicious tofu it really depends on how you cook it as well as what type of tofu you use. I will give you all of my tips and tricks to make your tofu so good your entire family will love it, even the carnivore. I honestly love tofu, when cooked properly. You want to make sure you don’t make your tofu chewy or tough which can easily happen or on
Tofu cooking Tricks
- One trick is to freeze your tofu. That’s right, stick it in the freezer and then take it out and put it in the fridge the morning before you cook it. When you freeze the tofu and then thaw it, it gives it a much better texture.
- Make sure you buy Extra Firm tofu. The way I will show you how to make this you will need Extra Firm, trust me.
- After defrosting make sure to give it at least an hour to drain to get rid of all the extra liquid in it. Otherwise, you will most likely get that mushy tofu I was talking about.
Easy Delicious Tofu
- 16 oz Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 tbsp coconut or Avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder, curry or any other seasoning you want
- 1/3 cup cornstarch optional
- 1. Freeze Extra Firm tofu at least a day before cooking2. Put Extra Firm tofu in refrigerator morning before cooking to defrost3. Drain Tofu and wrap with paper towels or cloth and let sit for 1 hour before cooking to drain all the liquid. 4. Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees. Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes 5. Optional step put tofu in a ziplock bag with cornstarch and seasonings and shake it all up so everything is lightly coated. 6. If not using cornstarch just sprinkle with seasonings.7. Add oil to the pan on medium heat and add tofu. Saute about 5 min while flipping 8. Transfer tofu to a baking sheet. I put a silicone mat down so it doesn’t stick and bake for 15min. 9. Take out of the oven and let it cool then enjoy.