Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase an item through one of these links, I might receive a small commission. This would be at no extra cost to you.
I am so excited it is Halloween time. I love seeing how much fun my daughter has during this time of year. All the decorating, food, and fun activities we just love it. This year she wants to be Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Last year she was a witch. She still loves witches and says she wants to make potions so this year I got a little creative for her class for little Halloween favors.
I absolutely love how these cauldrons turned out for Vays class. I wanted to make them look like a real witches cauldron that is boiling over and I think I accomplished it. Vay and I made these for each student in her class. They contain no candy but you can put anything you like in them but I will share everything that is in these.
Vay school is apart of a program where all kids get a free breakfast and lunch. I love that her school does this because I believe no child should be denied food. With this program, there is no cookies, cakes or candy allowed which is fine with me because seriously my child does not need any more candy during Halloween time.
For Halloween normally everyone passes out candy but since this is not allowed I wanted to make something more fun as a favor for the kids. I found these cauldrons at Target in the dollar spot area but they sold out fast at mine and of course, I am one off for the number of kids in her class, don’t worry Amazon always has you covered. Make sure if you buy cauldrons that the opening is wide enough for everything you are putting in it. I saw some cauldron’s at the 99 Cent store but the opening was way to small for the sticker or tattoo boxes I wanted to put in them. The cauldrons actually can hold a lot it just getting things to fit through the small opening. So here is everything I used and put in these cauldrons.
Halloween Class Favors
- The Cauldrons– make sure the opening is big enough for what you want to put in it
- Green Spiderweb– I like the green. I feel it makes it look more like a witches potion boiling but you can use any color you wish. I need a couple of bags for 33 cauldrons.
- Spider ring– I also had some skull rings
- Teddy bears dressed for Halloween– Love these little bears they ended up being my daughters favorite, they come dressed as a pumpkin, ghost, vampire, skeleton, mummy and Frankenstein monster.
- Stamp (not pictured)- I added this later so I didn’t have a photo of it. This came is a pack of 24 so make sure you order enough for each kid.
- Stickers or Tattoos– half of the cauldrons had stickers the other half had tattoos in them
- Stretchy skeleton
Now, of course, you can change them up and add other things to them. These are just my favorites and they all fit in the cauldron very nicely. I put all the little items in the cauldron except the spider ring and then fit the box of stickers or tattoos in. Next, I pulled apart a small piece from the green spider web, once I have the amount I want I stuff it around the sticker/tattoo box to cover it and then spread it so it looks like the picture. You don’t want to be able to see the sticker/tattoo box. Last I topped it with a spider ring. You can also add the name of kid it’s for or says who they are from to the cauldrons. I don’t know all the student’s names so I will probably just add a little tag saying from Lavayla.
I hope you some fun putting these together. Let me know how yours turn out and if you add something else to them. I love hearing from all of you. Happy Halloween.