Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase an item through one of these links, I might receive a small commission. This would be at no extra cost to you.
I wanted to share with you guys the uniform outfits Vay wore for her first week of school. All of her pieces are affordable and so cute. I know school shopping can get expensive so here are 5 outfits with links to the items.
Lavayla made it through her first week of Kindergarten and it did not go as smoothly as I had hoped. She was so excited to start school, make friends and she absolutely loves her uniforms. Before school started she would try the uniforms on with the knee-high socks and all the accessories and would beg to be able to wear it all day. She still loves her outfits but does not want to be at school.
She has cried every morning on the way to school and freaks out when I have to leave. The second day of school the teacher said she cried throughout the entire day. As a mom, this just broke my heart. No mom wants to see or know their child is so upset about having to go to school. I know this is just the first week and it takes time to adjust especially since Vay and I have never really been apart longer than an hour. Her Kindergarten class is also a full 6 hour day and most kindergarten classes are only 4. It is definitely a long day for her.
Okay, now back to the uniform outfits. So my daughter is long and skinny. I have yet to find jeans that fit her properly and uniforms that fit right were hard to find at first. Her school colors are black and khaki bottoms then for tops she can wear white, baby blue, and royal blue. No Navy. Everyone seems to sell navy and khaki but I did not want her wearing khaki every day.
Then, I found The Children’s Place. This store saved me. Not only did I save money but my sanity as well. We all know how frustrating back to school shopping can get. The other store I ordered from was Walmart. They had a great deal on polos that are really good quality. I ordered polos from both Children’s Place and Walmart. The Children’s Place has a cute little ruffle where the buttons are but are thinner than the ones I ordered at Walmart also only Walmart has the Royal Blue color. I love both and even though they are both just polos I like having at least a little detail different when she has to wear these every day.
So these are the outfits she wore on her first week of school.
First Day of School Uniform Outfit
- A Custom made Black dress- I love this dress and unfortunately, I have no Idea where this was custom made at. I bought it off eBay and it is mine and my daughter’s favorite dress. I am still looking online to see if I can find someone who makes this. If I do find it I will definitely add a link for all of you.
- White Polo Shirt– This one is from Walmart and I ordered it in a four pack to save money.
- Black Knee High Socks
- Wonder Nation Dress flat with a bow
Second Day Uniform Outfit
- Baby Blue Polo Shirt from Walmart
- Uniform Pleated Skort with a bow in the shade Sandy
- Ruffle lace socks
- Carter’s Shine Mary Jane shoes in Silver
Third Day Uniform Outfit
- Royal blue Polo Shirt– Also from Walmart but this one I could only find in a two pack
- Uniform Pleated Short with a bow in shade Black
- Black knee high
- Wonder Nation Casual bow flat
Fourth Day Uniform Outfit
- Uniform Sleeveless knit Jumper in black- unfortunately, this is sold out already but I did find this really cute black jumper from French Toast
- White Polo Shirt
- White knee high socks
- Wonder Nation Dress Flat with a bow
Fifth Day Uniform Outfit
- White Polo shirt
- Black Pleated Skirt
- White lace ruffle socks
- Lace-up Holographic Roxi boot– These are my daughter’s absolute favorite boots. She gets so many compliments and always wants to wear these.
These are the outfits she wore on her first week of school. It was very hot this week so no jackets or accessories but I will be sharing more outfits with you all very soon that will have more to them. I found all these pieces very affordable I ordered the polos from Walmart in a two pack and a four pack to save money. I hope these items help you with your kid’s uniform wardrobe. A lot of these pieces come in different colors so if your school’s colors are different they hopefully have them.